Little Lighthouse Preschool
A Biblical Foundation for Early Childhood Education — What Makes It Unique
- It lays a foundation of the character of God as a basis and model of how we are to relate to the world around us.
- It builds, precept upon precept, with biblical principles that are communicated in a language that is understandable to young children. It contains principles that can be found in particular Bible stories, and which can then be applied to a child’s life right away.
- It is based on the premise that children can know God personally and intimately at a young age.
- It has a strong emphasis on Creation as a central core for learning about the world.
- It is highly cross-cultural and has been used effectively in many nations and cultures of the world.
- It has been field-tested 25+ years with contributions and input by many preschool teachers who have “grown” the curriculum to what it is today. It is designed to allow for continued growth.
Manual One — Teacher’s Guide
Manual 1 is the Teacher’s Guide with instructional help to start your Pre-school. It also includes lesson and classroom ideas and resources.
Ukrainian preschoolers learning through tactile methods
Some topics covered in the Teacher’s Guide:
- Teachers that God can use.
- How your worldview as a teacher influences the children in your care.
- Developmental stages of young children.
- The capacity of children to know God.
- Foundational keys for teaching children.
- Teaching biblical principles: Bible, Prayer, Practical Application, and Creation lessons.
- Scheduling tips.
- A detailed photo-journey through a U of N Preschool day.
- Classroom management and effective discipline.
- Preparing an appealing learning environment.